Sport NI have issued an additional note below regarding ‘TRAIN SMART, PLAY SMART, BE COVID SMART’
Sport Northern Ireland, following the advice and guidance from the Department of Communities are growing increasingly cautious about the significant rise in Covid-19 cases across Northern Ireland. Daily updates can be accessed via the Department of Health.
The guidance issued by the Department of Communities ‘TRAIN SMART, PLAY SMART, BE COVID SMART’ should be listened to and acted upon across all sports in Northern Ireland to ensure the safety of athletes, fans and loved ones.
Awareness and action is paramount to stopping the spread of Covid-19, clusters of outbreaks have been linked to sporting settings recently and to ensure sporting activities, competitions and live matches can continue we must take action and play our part to stop the spread. This means following the social distancing guidelines, following the travel advice and making use of the StopCOVIDNI app. The most up-to-date advice and guidance from Sport NI can be found on here.
We all have to work collectively to stop the spread of Covid-19 and to ensure our favourite sports and fitness continue. It is evident that if we don’t adhere to the public health guidance our sports and fitness will stop. We are urging all sporting clubs and communities to come together and follow the Department of Communities and Sport Northern Ireland guidance. Sport Northern Ireland ask that you please follow the activities below:
- Maintain Social Distancing (2M where possible)
- Maintain good hygiene (and actively sanitize hands when possible)
- Recognise and adhere to safe travel
- Wear a face mask when appropriate (and when social distancing cannot be achieved)
- Adhere to and respect all of your Club’s Covid safety plans
- Ensure that your club activities comply with the regulations set by the NI Executive regarding numbers of participants
- Raise any issues or concerns regarding the above with your Governing Body;
- Download the StopCOVIDNI app
- Do not leave your home if you or anyone in your house has symptoms
We would like to thank everyone taking part and adhering to all Covid-19 guidance and would encourage you to reach out to the appropriate channels if you have any concerns.