Please see below a list of Ulster Boxing Council policies. As a member of the Irish Athletic Boxing Association, the Ulster Boxing Council adopts and adheres to many of the Irish Athletic Boxing Association’s policies and procedures.
Currently Under Review
Ulster Boxing Council (UBC) is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following Sport Northern Ireland definition of sports equity:
“Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.”
- The UBC respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- The UBC is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment, and abuse.
- All members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- The UBC will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to disciplinary procedures.
- To address the vulnerability of children with a disability, coaches will seek guidance on working with children with a disability from external agencies, parents/guardians and the children themselves.
UBC Equality & Diversity Policy
The Ulster Boxing Council is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion amongst our membership and workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination in boxing within Ulster.
The aim is for our membership and workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society, and for each member to feel respected and able to give their best.
The Ulster Boxing Council in providing boxing for all is also committed against unlawful discrimination of potential new members, clubs or the public.
IABA Safeguarding Children and Young People in Boxing Policy
Social Media Policy & Guidelines
UBC Data Protection Policy
UBC Volunteer Policy
Currently Under Review