Start-Box is a non-contact introduction to boxing in schools. Its main aim is to create positive school to club links that enables pupils to transition from a 6-week taster programme to a club setting. The IABA – Ulster Branch have already trained 5 coaches to deliver the scheme in their local schools and to date we have 3 school programme delivered. A minimum of 5 programmes will be delivered in the new year.
If you are interested in becoming a Start-Box coach, see the link below to the Registration of Interest form to become a coach.
The minimum requirements to become a Start-Box coach are as follows:
- Hold an IABA Level 1 Coaching Qualification or above
- Have an up to date Vetting check with Access NI or the Garda Siochana
- Have up to date Child Safeguarding Awareness Training
- Have attended the SportNI ‘Coaching 5-12 year olds’ Workshop
- Attend an IABA Start-box Induction
- You Club secretary must sign off the Expression of Interest Form
For more information of how to become involved please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07885 467208.
This programme is funded by Sport NI through the Sporting Clubs Programme.