The Membership Growth Grants gives IABA Affiliated Boxing Clubs (currently only NI clubs) the opportunity to increase their membership by delivering a programme within their own club or other community setting over 12 hours that is above their normal club training programme. It aims to support clubs with coaches costs of up to £480 and refreshments of up to £20.00. The focus of these sessions is to target:
- Women and Girls,
- Children and Young People, or
- Areas of High Social Need
The 12-hour programme can be delivered in any way the club believes it’s the best for them i.e.
- ½ term holiday camp (i.e. Over 3 days x 4hr, 4 days x 3 hours or 5 days x 2.5hrs)
- 6-week taster programme x 2 hours
- 8-week taster programme x 1.5 hours
- 12-week taster programme x 1 hour (if time allows)
There are 2 Membership Growth Grant Schemes:
- Region 1: Belfast – funded through the Belfast Boxing Strategy – Belfast City Council
(Belfast City Council Area Clubs only)
- Region 2: Rest of Northern Ireland – funded through the Sporting Clubs Programme – SportNI
(Derry, Tyrone & Fermanagh, Armagh/Down and Antrim Board Clubs only (not Belfast Clubs)
Each programme has several calls for Expressions of Interest throughout the year. Clubs can only apply once per financial year. The form is only 1 page for clubs to complete and will be emailed out to Secretaries and available on this page.
We are currently not open for Expressions of Interest. Clubs will be notified when they open again.
For more information contact Nicky Flanagan on email@example.com or 07885 467208