SportNI along with several NGBs including the IABA are promoting the following free workshops to help volunteers and clubs.
Level 1 Basic Awareness: available via www.wellbeinginsport.com. It is designed to:
- Increase knowledge around Mental Health & Mental Ill Health;
- Understand the symptoms of Mental Health disorders;
- Learn how you can support yourself and others.
Level 2 Reaching Out Through Sport course: This course goes into more depth than what’s covered in level 1 and delivers a focus on building wellbeing into the club/org. environment. Level 1 is a prerequisite. The next workshop is planned to be run on Monday 13th, 5.30-7.00pm, over zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an Expression of Interest Form.
The Mental Health First Aid course (Level 3) teaches participants:
- How to recognise the symptoms of mental health problems;
- How to provide initial help;
- How to go about guiding a person towards appropriate professional help.
MHFA is 12 hours in length and is run over 3 or 4 days via Zoom, attending the Level 2 Workshop is a prerequisite to attending MHFA. The next two workshop dates and timings are:
- 5.30-8.30pm, 4th, 5th, 11th & 12th October
- 2.00-6.00pm, 21st, 30th, September, 7th October.
Please email email@example.com for an Expression of Interest Form.
See http://www.sportni.net/mental-health-first-aid-training-course/ for more information on the Mental Health courses run by Andrea Kearns Consultancy.
Sporting Chance are also offering courses designed to introduce your club members and participants to the information and tools they need to avoid the pitfalls and destructive behaviour patterns that can develop in sport. Workshops will cover topics including substance misuse, compulsive behaviours and addiction. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an Expression of Interest Form.