NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given of the Annual General Meeting of Irish Athletic Boxing Association Company Limited by Guarantee “IABA” on 11th December 2020 at 5.30pm.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, the current travel and social distancing restrictions and public health advise, the IABA is unable to hold this year’s AGM in a traditional face-to-face format.
The Board of Directors met recently and agreed that in view of the current restrictions the 2020 AGM will be held virtually. It is envisaged that once large gatherings are possible again that a following EGM/Convention format meeting will take place in Q1 2021.
In accordance with the Companies Act 2014 Section 175, as amended in Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions (Coved 19) Act 2020 Section 174A (3),(5)
The Annual General Meeting of the Irish Athletic Boxing Association will take place on the 11th December 2020 at 5.30pm via Zoom Video Conference.
The Agenda is as follows:
- Chairperson’s Address
- 2019 Audited Financial Statements & Directors’ Report.
- Appointment of Auditors
- Safeguarding Report
- Anti-Doping Report
- Presidents closing Address
Copies of all relevant documents will be available on our website http://iaba.ie/site3/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/DRAFT-Financial-Statements-2019.pdf where you will find the AGM notice, Minutes of our 2019 AGM, our 2019 Audited Financial Statements & Directors’ Report.
Please note every club is entitled to have 2 club members attend the AGM (one with voting rights and one without).
Please click on the link below to the Eventbrite Event Page to register your club’s attendees (selecting correct ticket types depending on who is voting on behalf of your club or not)
Note that in order to attend the meeting you will be required to register via Eventbrite for tickets and also set up a Zoom Account with a matching email address per attendee. Details on how to do this is below this invite and will emailed to you following registration and prior to the AGM.
We would recommend that you set up your Zoom account well before the AGM, should you have any problems you can contact email@example.com.
Following registration you will receive full AGM papers from the IABA.
Instructions for setting up a Zoom Account:
In order to facilitate the AGM all delegates will be required to download the Zoom app to their preferred device and set up a Zoom account.
- Installing the Zoom App on your device please copy and paste the relevant weblink below:
For Windows Laptops/Computers: https://zoom.us/client/latest/ZoomInstaller.exe
For Iphones/Ipads: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id546505307
For Android Mobiles: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings
- If the system asks to install from a trusted site then please select yes.
- Once installed the zoom app will automatically open, please select ‘Sign In’ DO NOT ‘JOIN’
- When you see the next pop out screen, please log in with your details if you have them already or click ‘Sign Up for Free’
- You will be taken to the zoom.us sign up page. Please insert your age (this wont be saved)
- Then insert the email that you used to register with Eventbrite
- Go to your emails and select ‘Activate your account’
- This will take you back to Zoom.us and it will ask you create your password, enter it into the 2 boxes and ENTER
- One the next page select ‘Skip ‘
- This will take you to your account – then Sign Out by hoovering over the top right person icon and left clicking the mouse and select ‘Sign Out’. Your Zoom account is now set up.
- You will receive an email from Eventbrite just before the AGM is due to start. You can then select ‘Join the Event’
- You will be taken to the Eventbrite Event page where you will click on Join Zoom meeting. If the email address matches you will be entered into the Zoom waiting room and then you will be admitted as soon as possible.