This section provides a number of templates/examples of policies and plans for clubs to use and adapt to suit their club. If you require support or guidance on any elements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOXING FOR ALL – CLUBMARK
We are pleased to announce the launch of the ‘Boxing For All – Clubmark’. The Boxing For All – Clubmark scheme is a Club Accreditation Scheme which is unique to amateur boxing. Based on Sport NI criteria but developed specifically for boxing the scheme indicates that a boxing club meets quality standards in 4 key areas;
- CLUB MANAGEMENT
- DUTY OF CARE & SAFEGUARDING IN BOXING
- THE BOXING PROGRAMME
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Why in Boxing Clubs?
The scheme encourages clubs to aim for excellence and will assist the development of your club and community. Some of the potential benefits include;
- Promotion and recognition of your club as being a ‘quality’ club
- Positive perception of club among parents, participants and potential members
- Improved opportunities to create links with schools, community groups, etc
- Increased membership
- Increased funding opportunities and volunteers
- Better understanding of your clubs development needs
- Please register at http://db.sportni.net/ips/external/externalregistration.aspx and your submission will be passed to the IABA office.
- A Club Pack with all templates will then be sent to the Club. This will include a portfolio which the Club has to complete and return to the Ulster CDM for assessment.
- The Ulster CLub Development officer will offer support to club to complete portfolio and organise an assessment visit to the Club.
- Upon successful completion of all criteria the club will receive a certificate and banner to promote their status plus their achievement promoted on the Ulster Boxing & Sport NI website.
- Clubmark status is awarded to a club for a maximum 3 year period. However, clubs will be required to submit annual health checks to ensure they are maintaining their high standards.